Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Natural Lighting

So over the past couple weeks, with the sunshine being out and as nice as it has been, I've been working on pictures using natural lighting.
ALSO
I was messing around with lightroom and downloading presets for it. I found a sweet fake HDR effect and thought I'd play around with it. I found it looked pretty good on some pictures.

These two pictures were the ones I used the preset on. I really like the portrait. I think it looks a bit over edited but at the same time I really like that look in some pictures. Both of these were using natural sunlight and nothing else. I also really like what the hdr preset did with the lens flare off of the water in the picture.



The only editing I did on these was some exposure adjustment in adobe raw editor. I just wanted to get some pictures that really demonstrated natural lighting

Some of these are really simple, I've found I'm really starting to like that concept in pictures.

This picture was taken with a 3 second shutter speed. I like how the lights from the houses lit up the houses shown in the pictures, as well as how the city lights contrast with the natural light left in the sky.




For a while now I've really been wanting to try out time lapse photography. This is my first attempt, and I'm not that impressed with it but I figured I'd post it. It is only over 20 minutes because it started raining outside (you can see the clouds roll in) so I couldn't capture the full sunset, just as the sky was starting to look awesome. I will definitely be trying this again soon
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I really like the HDR effect on the picture of the lake. Great job. One thing is that It didn't look so great on the portrait. I think if you do give one and HDR effect, you shouldn't make it so severe. And, you should make it in color. I like your time laps. Not the best I've ever seen, but for a first try, It's very good. I think some of your images are a bit generic, but I like your use of natural lights. I think your image of the hands is very good along with the one of window. I like the natural lens flare, and I love how you managed to keep everything white. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Followers