Friday, May 7, 2010

Muddy Butt Races '10


On Sunday I went over to good ol' St. Maries Idaho for the muddy butt races, which are tag team endur-o cross races. Teams of two compete against each other in different divisions. Each team mate does the track 3 times, equalling about 30 miles all together, it's pretty intense stuff. My friends Tyler and Cody got first place in the lightweight division, and came in 45 minutes before anyone else in their division.

I thought it would be a good chance to get some action shots as well as capture some emotions.


This is right before Tyler left for his first lap, I like how guy in front of him looks like he is saying good luck, I thought I captured a pretty good moment right there.






These are just a few ones I got of Tyler as he was coming to the end of his first lap. On the second picture I used a photoshop action called urban acid, basically it messes with the color curves and a couple other things. I just thought it went well with the subject of the picture.






I really like how two racers are pretty much in the exact same position doing the same thing in this shot.




Right when the guys come back from doing a lap, they all have the same expression. It's really weird because all you can see through their helmet is their eyes but they always have the same look of exhaustion, and almost worry or fear in their eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good photos. A couple of things- watch chopping off heads and try to get in front of the racers so they are coming right at you. I know that this can be difficult to do at times, but it can really help the photos out.
    The second to last photo, with the mud all over on his face, really shows the day. Nice image there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are nice. They are very crisp and dirt bikes are awesome. It looks like he took a mud bath the only thing is that his head is chopped off

    ReplyDelete

Followers