Monday, November 30, 2009

Avedon

Last week I took some Richard Avedon inspired photographs.
My subjects were three of my closest friends, so I knew I could evoke at least some form of emotion out of them.
www.richardavedon.com/



William and Tyler were my challange, simply because I couldn't really get them to do much more than just sit there and do stupid things in front of my camera. So for these I just stoped taking pictures for a while and we all started talking, telling funny stories and remembering stuff, then I started to take pictures when I knew they were actually thinking about something other than feeling akward infront of my camera


I chose to take pictures of Rianna simply because the second I think of expression and emotion she comes to mind. She is the most real person I know and completely comfortable with herself.
To put it simple I believe she makes for some amazing pictures



It's hard for me to think of how other people view this picture because I know her really well and I know the exact emotion on her face. But if I try to see how other people view the emotion, she's a little hard to figure out. I like this picture because I think it's a bit mysterious, and kind of makes someone want to know what she's really thinking about.





1 comment:

  1. Ok, last week I tried commenting on this post but for some reason I could not post on any of the blogs that are hosted by blogger. I said this in class and told everyone that if you were on blogger, you would not get a post from me. Seems to be working now.

    Last photo the strongest by far. This one evokes true emotion the best, not just being in front of the camera and posing. Nice work on these.

    ReplyDelete

Followers