Thursday, October 15, 2009

COLOR!

So one specific project I was assigned was to take pictures focusing on color. I decided to go with variations of color and the effects they have on the entire picture. For this picture, I went around in my backyard, trying to find something I could shoot that would be flexible as far as changing the mood of the picture.

After experimenting with random things in my yard, I decided on a flower because the colors in the picture already stood out to me before editing.
Original
Warm effect
In this, i increased the red and decreased blue to give the picture a warmer look. I also fixed the levels just a bit. I'm not too crazy about the warm look on this particular picture so after doing this I decided I'd try the opposite and see how that turned out.
Cool effect

For this one i increased blue and green mid tones. I increased the contrast a bit as well. I really like how this one turned out vs. the warmer look. I think the cooling effect gave the picture a really dramatic look.



---------
I seem to be behind on projects I did two projects in one week in order to get caught up
---------

Basic Studio Shots

Original // Edit


This is a picture I took last week and edited this week. I changed levels, burnt around the edges, and touched up his face.
*contact sheet for this on last post

Original // Edit

I think this one is more of a classic professional looking portrait. Unlike the first one, his body is at an angle, which I've found really does change the entire picture. In this i fixed the levels, touched up his face (gaussian blurred his face, toned down his 5:00 shadow and whitened his teeth) and also burnt around the edges to make him pop more. I really like how this one turned out.
*This is a picture i just took today, and didn't have time to get a contact sheet

1 comment:

  1. Studio shots= win (especially the first one). Second one- a little on the dark side, would really be money if just a little more light on the left side to get a little more light on his eye.

    Flower shot- I really like the warm effect on it. Nice close detail shot!

    ReplyDelete

Followers