Friday, October 2, 2009

Once again

This week I had to take some more portraits for my friend Sam's senior pictures. I'm way happier with the way these turned out vs. Will's. The weather had a big part in it as well though.

Original, Edit

This is the picture she actually decided to use in the yearbook. I fixed the levels, burnt around her to make her face pop more. I edited her eyes and also bumped the saturation of the picture up just a little.


In this one I didn't quite get the exposure right, it came out way too bright. I tried to darken the highlights a little bit which fixed it a little. I also sharpened it and adjusted the levels.


In this one i got rid of the yellow reflection on the rock, i thought it took attention away from her face a little. I edited her eyes and fixed the levels. I got rid of some stray hairs as well.

Before I went to take her pictures, I was looking at this site http://digital-photography-school.com/6-tips-for-perfect-composition-in-portrait-photography for some advise. I found it helped a bit

1 comment:

  1. http://digital-photography-school.com is a fantastic site and is packed full of great tutorials, keep looking on there often, they update daily with new stuff.

    First photo- Nice image. Crop some off the top. Way too much space up there. Very nice editing on it. Looks great.

    Second- Be careful with exposure. At the risk of getting myself in trouble, the overexposed look seems to be popular now so it is not a loss at all. look at Quicksilver. They shoot everything with the right exposure and then in Photoshop blow out the highlights to give it the "edgy" look. Ask me to show you where the textures are at and how you can work them into your portraits to give them a bit of a grunge look, if you would like.

    Thank you for including the link!

    ReplyDelete

Followers